Tuesday, June 5, 2012
Orange Mixed Fruits Buns
40g warm water
1tsp instant yeast
1/2tsp caster sugar
1tsp bread flour
250g bread flour
45g caster sugar
95g orange juice
1 egg yolk (about 20g)
70g mixed fruits
1. Mix warm water, yeast, 1tsp bread flour and 1/2tsp caster sugar together, cover and set aside to prove for 10-15mins.
2. Combine bread flour, sugar and salt in a mixer and mix well at low speed.
3. Add yeast dough from step no.1, orange juice and egg yolk into the dry ingredients.
4. Knead at medium speed until it form a dough.
5. Add in butter, continue to beat until it form a smooth and elastic dough.
6. Cover dough and let it proof for 50mins.
7. Add in mixed fruits, hand knead until well combined.
8. Cover dough and rest for another 10mins.
9. Divide dough into 9 equal portions, shape each dough into round ball.
10.Arrange it on a greased tray.
11.Cover and leave it to proof for 45mins until it doubled in size.
12.Preheat oven to 190C.
13.Bake in a preheated oven for 10mins until buns is brown.
14.Remove buns from tray, place it on a wire rack and brush surface with butter while it hot.