Saturday, June 2, 2012
Melt & Mix Moist Chocolate Cake
200g cake flour
30g cocoa powder
1tsp baking powder
40g light brown sugar/brown sugar
140g caster sugar
1tbsp instant coffee powder
1/2cup hot water
1tbsp golden syrup
100g dark chocolate
2 egg (lightly beaten)
150g dark chocolate
100g whipping cream
1. Heat up whipping cream.
2. Pour whipping cream into chocolate and stir till chocolate melted.
3. Add in butter and stir till butter melted.
4. Set it aside to set to a spreadable consistency.
1. Preheat oven to 165C.
2. Sift ingredients (A) together into a mixing bowl and set aside.
3. Pour all the ingredients (B) into a sauce pan.
4. Simmer over low heat till sugar, butter and chocolate melted, remove from heat.
5. Pour liquid mixture slowly into dry ingredients and stir till well blended.
6. Pour in beaten egg and stir till well blended. (Do not over mix.)
7. Pour batter into a lined 8inches round tin.
8. Bake in a preheated oven for 35-40mins, if skewer comes out clean when inserted into cake then it done.
9. Leave cake to cool in pan for 5mins then remove and cool it on a wire rack.
1. Level surface by slicing off the top crust.
2. Spread ganache all over cake.
3. Chill in the fridge till ganache set.