Thursday, June 28, 2012
Honey & Condensed Milk Sponge Cupcakes (蜂蜜煉乳杯子蛋糕)
Recipe from Carol自在生活- 蜂蜜煉乳杯子蛋糕.
Ingredients (yield 10 cupcakes)
45g caster sugar
100g cake flour
15g condensed milk
1/4tsp vanilla paste
50g unsalted butter (melted)
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Lined muffins pan with paper casing and set aside.
3. With a hand whisk, whisk eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl over a pot of simmer hot water. (Base of mixing bowl not touching water.)
4. Keep whisking till the egg mixture reach about 40C.
5. Remove from simmering water, pour egg into cake mixer bowl.
6. Whisk at high speed for 5mins till it increase in volume and pale.
7. Reduce speed to medium-low and continue to whisk till it stable where only tiny air bubbles can be seen, it take about 10-15mins.
8. Reduce speed to low and continue to whisk for a minute.
9. Dissolve honey and condensed milk in warm milk. (I mixed them together in a small bowl, warmed it up in microwave oven for 10sec and mix well.)
10.Sift flour into egg batter in 3 portions and fold in.
11.Mix lukewarm honey mixture and melted butter together.
12.Lastly fold in liquid mixture into cake batter till well blended.
13.Spoon batter into cupcake pan till 70% full.
14.Tap pan on counter top to burst air bubbles in the cake batter.
15.Spray water on surface of cake batter.
16.Bake in preheated oven for 18mins.
17.Remove cakes from pan and cool it on a wire rack.