Sunday, July 1, 2012
Melting Chocolate Pudding
Ingredients (yield 6 cakes)
50g light brown sugar
45g soft unsalted butter
25g plain flour
2tsp rum (optional)
180g cooking chocolate (melted)
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Greased 6 moulds with butter, set aside.
3. Use a food processor, whisk eggs and sugar till sugar dissolved and egg batter double in volume. (The egg batter don't have to be thick and fluffy.)
4. Add in plain flour and soft butter, continue mixing till well blended.
5. Lastly add in chocolate and rum and mix till well blended.
6. Switch off food processor, fill batter into mould till 3/4 full.
7. Bake in preheated oven for approximate 6-8mins for metal mould, 9-10mins for ramekins blow. (Observe: Cake rises, a cake crust like ring formed on the surface, middle is soft batter like texture and slightly sink in. It done, don't over bake it. If not it will not have the sticky river of molten inside the cake.)
8. Remove from mould at once, dust with icing sugar and serve with ice-cream or whipped whipping cream.
Note: You can prepare pudding batter a few hours ahead or a day in advance, wrap with cling wrap and chill in the fridge. Bake chill puddings for approximate 9-10mins for metal mould, 11-12mins for ramekins blow. Remember to keep a look at the puddings now and then while baking.