Tuesday, July 17, 2012
Chiffon Cupcakes (清水小蛋糕)
'爱'生活 My Life-清水小蛋糕.
3 egg yolk
50g veg. oil
few drops of vanilla paste (to cover the strong egg taste)
50g cake flour (sifted)
3 egg white
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Lined muffins tray with paper casing and set aside.
3. Use a hand whisk mix 1 whole egg, egg yolks, sugar and salt together until well blended.
4. Add in oil and few drops of vanilla paste, whisk till combined.
5. Add in flour and stir until batter is smooth.
6. Use a cake mixer and whisk the egg whites till frothy.
7. Gradually add in the sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
8. Fold in 1/4 of the meringue into the egg yolk batter until combined.
9. Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in two portions until well combined.
10.Spoon batter into paper casing till 60% full.
11.Bake in a preheated oven for 20-25mins.
12.Remove cupcakes and leave to cool on a wire rack.