Thursday, July 12, 2012
Caramel Custard Pudding
Ingredients (yield 4puddings)
1 egg yolk
1/4tsp vanilla paste
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Lightly grease moulds and set aside.
3. Pour sugar and water into a sauce pan and cook over medium low heat till it turn caramel.
4. Spoon caramel sauce into prepared moulds and set aside.
5. Simmer milk and sugar together till sugar dissolved and milk is warm.
6. In a bowl whisk egg, egg yolk and vanilla paste together.
7. Pour some warm milk into beaten egg and mix well.
8. Pour egg mixture back into warm milk and mix well.
9. Strain custard batter.
10.Pour custard into prepared moulds.
11.Steam bake pudding in preheated oven for 25mins.
12.Set aside to cool and chill in fridge.
13.Slowly loosen side, sit mould in shallow hot water to loosen the caramel base.
14.Invert pudding onto dish and serve.