Tuesday, May 15, 2012
Pandan Coconut Butter Cake
125g unsalted butter
95g caster sugar
130g cake flour
1tsp baking powder
3tbsp thick coconut milk
1/2tsp pandan paste
100g grated white coconut
25g palm sugar (chopped)
1/2tbsp brown sugar/caster sugar
2blades pandan leaves
1 1/2tbsp water
1. Simmer water, palm sugar, brown sugar and pandan leaves together til sugar dissolved.
2. Add in grated coconut and stir till dry.
3. Discard pandan leaves and set aside to cool.
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Sift flour and baking powder together, set aside.
3. Cream butter, salt and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Slowly beat in egg until well combined.
5. Fold in flour and coconut milk alternately until well combined.
6. Scoop about 2tbsp of batter into greased mini loaf pan/muffin pan.
7. Spoon some coconut filling onto batter.
8. Spoon more batter to cover filling and smooth surface.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for 25mins.
10.Remove cakes from pan and cool on a wire rack.