Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Kaya Sandwich Sponge Cake
95g caster sugar
50g corn flour
60g cake flour
125g coconut milk/evaporated milk
few drops of green food colouring
adequate desiccated coconut
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. Lined and greased a 10" x 13" baking tray and set aside.
3. Melt butter and coconut milk together over simmering water.
4. Mix in few drops of green food colouring and set aside.
5. With a cake mixer whisk eggs, salt and sugar until thick and fluffy.
6. Sift cake flour into cake batter in 3 portions and fold in.
7. Mix some batter into the warm liquid mixture.
8. Lastly, pour green batter into plain egg batter and fold till well blended.
9. Pour batter into prepared baking tray.
10.Either tap pan on counter top or use a skewer to stir the batter around to burst any big air bubbles.
11.Scatter adequate desiccated coconut on the surface.
12.Bake in preheated oven for 12mins.
13.Remove cake from tray and cool sponge on a wire rack.
14.Trim edges, slice sponge into 3 pieces and sandwich them together with kaya.
15.Slice cake into serving size.