Aspiring Bakers #19: Dim Sum Affair (May 2012) hosted by SSB of Small Small Baker.
Ingredients: (yield 5 bowls)
1 chicken thigh (boneless and skinless, cut into chunk)
3 dried mushroom room (soaked, remove stalk and cut into 2pcs)
Seasoning (A): (adjust seasoning according to your taste)
1/2tbsp oyster sauce
1/2tsp black soy sauce
1tsp soy sauce
1/2tsp ginger juice
dash of pepper
dash of sesame oil
300g glutinous rice (soak overnight)
Seasoning (B): (adjust seasoning according to your taste)
1tbsp oyster sauce
2tsp soy sauce
2tbsp chicken stock/ water
1/2tsp sesame oil
1/2 Chinese sausage (sliced)
1. Marinate chicken and mushroom with Seasoning (A), set aside for an hour.
2. Grease mould and set aside.
3. Drain glutinous rice, spread rice on tray and sprinkle some water on surface.
4. Steam glutinous rice in a preheated steamer at high heat for 20mins.
5. Remove lid, sprinkle some water on glutinous rice and continue to steam for another 20mins.
6. Remove cooked glutinous rice from steamer and fluffy rice with a pair of chopstick.
7. Mix Seasoning (B) together and pour it into cooked glutinous rice.
8. Mix well with a pair of chopstick.
9. Arrange chicken, mushroom and Chinese sausage at the base of mould.
10.Fill with glutinous rice and press firmly.
11.Place it in preheated steamer and steam at high heat for 25mins.
12.Dish out and serve.