Monday, August 2, 2010
Rich Milky Cake
2 large egg
125g castor sugar
120g cake flour
15g milk powder
1/2tsp baking powder
95g unsalted butter
50g whipping cream
1/2tsp vanilla paste
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Sift flour, cornflour, milk powder and salt together, set aside.
3. Melt butter and whipping cream over a double-boiler.
4. Remove from fire and stir in vanilla paste, set aside.
5. In a clean bowl, whisk eggs and sugar together over a double-boiler.
6. Remove from fire when the egg mixture feel warm about 40C. (Use a Candy Thermometer to measure the egg mixture temperature.)
7. Pour egg mixture into a mixing bowl and whisk at high speed for about 3mins.
8. Add in honey and continue to whisk for 1min.
9. Then reduce speed to medium and whisk till thick and fluffy.
10.Gently fold in the flour mixture until well blended.
11.Lastly fold in the cream mixture until well blended.
12.Spoon batter into baking cups till 80% full.
13.Bake in a preheated oven for 25mins.
14.Cool cakes on a wire rack.
15.Dust surface with icing sugar and serve.