Friday, August 13, 2010
Pandan Kaya Butter Cake
230g unsalted butter
200g caster sugar
4 eggs (about 240g)
20g pandan juice
1/2tsp pandan paste
260g self-raising flour
10g coconut powder (coconut cream powder)
1/2tsp baking powder
30g dessicated coconut
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Sift self-raising flour, coconut powder, salt and baking powder together, set aside.
3. Mix pandan juice, milk and pandan paste together, set aside.
4. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
5. Add in kaya and continue to cream till well blended.
6. Slowly beat in egg until well combined. (If batter curdle add in some flour.)
7. Fold in flour and pandan mixture alternately until well combined.
8. Lastly, fold in dessicated coconut into the batter.
9. Pour batter into a lined 8" round tin.
10.Bake for 50-60mins, if skewer comes out clean when inserted into cake then it done.
11.Remove cake from tin and cool on a wire rack.