Monday, August 23, 2010
Honey Cranberry Cake
Recipe is from '孟老师的100道小蛋糕'. I felt that this bakery book is worth buying. The steps are very clearly explained and what I like best is that most of the recipes come in a smaller portion. This time I didn't use my cake mixer to do the work instead I used the old fashion way, I used a wooden spoon to do all the mixing.
For this recipe I replace the 100g of canned sweeten red bean with 60g of cranberry (my boy favourite). And as for the mirin part, you can replace it with vanilla essence or just omit it as the amount used is so small so it don't give the cake any distinguish flavour at all.
Ingredients (yield 7 cakes)
80g unsalted butter (softened)
100g cake flour
1/2tsp baking powder
30g caster sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Sift flour and baking powder into a mixer bowl.
3. Add butter and beat until creamy.
4. Add in egg and sugar and beat until well blended.
5. Add in honey and mirin and beat until well-blended.
6. Lastly, fold in the chopped cranberry into the batter.
7. Spoon batter into the greased mould until 70% full.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 20mins.
9. Remove cupcakes and cool on a wire rack.