Monday, August 16, 2010
Chocolate Pound Cake
125g unsalted butter
55g dark brown sugar
90g caster sugar
1/2tsp vanilla paste
2 large egg
120g cooking chocolate (melted)
185g cake flour
1/4tsp baking soda
1tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Grease a 17cm tube pan, dust with flour and shake of excess.
3. Sift flour, baking soda and baking powder together and set aside.
4. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
5. Slowly beat in egg and vanilla paste until well combined.
6. Mix in the melted chocolate until blended.
7. Add in flour and milk alternately until well combined.
8. Pour batter into the tube pan and sprinkle surface with almond flake.
9. Bake for 35-40mins, if skewer comes out clean when inserted into cake then it done.
10.Leave cake to cool in pan for 5mins then remove and cool on a wire rack.