Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Mini Pandan Loaf
300g bread flour
1 1/2tsp instant yeast
1tbsp milk powder
70ml coconut milk
1tbsp pandan juice
1/3tsp pandan paste
20g shortening/ unsalted butter
1. Combine (A) together in cake mixer.
2. Add in (B) and mix in low speed until it form a dough.
3. Switch to medium speed and add in shortening.
4. Continue to beat until it form a smooth and elastic dough.
5. Add (D) and mix till well blended.
6. Cover dough and let it prove for 50-55mins.
7. Divide dough into about 8 equal portion(about 80g each) and rest for another 10mins.
8. Shape into oval and place it into the greased mini loaf tray.
9. Cover and leave to prove for 45mins until it doubled in size.
10.Preheat oven to 180C.
11.Brush surface with beaten egg and sprinkle some dessicated coconut on top.
12.Bake in a preheated oven for 15mins until buns is brown.
13.Remove buns from tray and cool it on a wire rack.
(Note: You may adjust the amount of coconut milk and water(liquid total amount-150ml) to your own prefer.)