Thursday, August 5, 2010
Pandan Sponge Cupcake
Ingredients (yield 9 cupcakes)
75g castor sugar
1/2tbsp glucose (optional)
65g cake flour
2tbsp coconut powder(instant coconut cream powder)
1/4tsp baking powder
10g pandan juice
20g veg. oil
1/4tsp pandan paste
1. Preheat oven to 190C.
2. Lined cupcake tray with paper casing and set aside.
3. Mix flour, coconut powder, salt and baking powder together and set aside.
4. Pour egg and sugar into a mixing bowl and whisk at high speed for about 3mins.
5. Add in glucose and continue to whisk for 1min.
6. Then reduce speed to medium and whisk till thick and fluffy.
7. Sift the flour mixture into the egg batter in 3 portions and fold in. (I used hand whisk to fold in.)
8. Mix milk, pandan juice, pandan paste and oil together.
9. Pour some egg batter into the pandan mixture and stir until well-blended.
10.Pour the mixture into the egg batter and mix until well-blended.
11.Spoon batter into cupcake tray until 80% full.
12.Bake in a preheated oven for 15mins.
13.Remove cakes from tin and cool on a wire rack.