Thursday, February 5, 2009
20g cold water
125g cake flour )sift
1/2tsp double action baking powder )together
1/2tsp vanilla essence
65g walnut (chopped)
1. Preheat oven to 170C.
2. Whisk ingredient (A) until thick and fluffy. Leave aside.
3. Cream ingredient (B) until light and creamy.
4. Add some egg batter into creamed butter. (Do not add too much batter, as the creamed butter will curdle.)
5. Use a spatula and beat until smooth.
6. Fold in Step no.5 into the balance egg batter in 3 portions until well combined.
7. Fold in walnut and pour batter into a lined and greased 7inches round tin.
8. Sprinkle some chopped walnut on top.
9. Bake in a preheated oven for 30-35mins.
10.Remove cake from tin and cool on a wire rack.
Note: The cake batter will appear lumpy if the butter batter was not fold in properly during Step no. 6.