Monday, February 16, 2009
Black Sesame Chiffon Cake
3 egg yolk
30g corn oil
1/4tsp sesame oil (optional)
40g soya bean milk/fresh milk
60g cake flour
1/8tsp baking powder
12g black sesame seed powder
3 egg white
1/4tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Sift flour and baking powder together, set aside.
3. Use a hand whisk mix egg yolk and sugar together.
4. Add in the oils, milk, flour and black sesame powder together.
5. Whisk until well combined.
6. Use a cake mixer and whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
7. Gradually add in the sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
8. Fold in 1/4 of the meringue into the egg yolk mixture until combined.
9. Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly until well combined.
10.Pour batter into a 21cm tube pan.
11.Put into a preheated oven and bake for 40mins.
12.Remove from oven, invert cake onto table until completely cool.
13.Remove from pan and serve.