Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Mandarin Orange Butter Cake
250g unsalted butter
210g caster sugar
4 eggs (about 240g)
85g mandarin orange juice
1tsp orange zest (grated)
1/2tsp orange paste (optional)
250g self-raising flour
1/2tsp baking powder
35g ground almond
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Sift self-raising flour, baking powder and ground almond together, set aside.
3. Mix orange juice, zest and orange paste together, set aside.
4. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
5. Slowly beat in the egg until well combined.(If batter curdle add in some flour.)
6. Fold in flour and orange juice alternately until well combined.
7. Pour batter into a lined and greased 9" round tin.
8. Bake for 60mins, if skewer comes out clean when inserted into cake then it done.
9. Remove cake from tin and cool on a wire rack.