Friday, February 13, 2009
Orange Ganache Macarons
80g egg white (at room temperature)
65g caster sugar
80g ground almond
140g icing sugar
1/2tsp lemon juice
orange yellow colouring powder
100g white chocolate
50g whipping cream
1tsp orange paste
Swiss Meringue Macarons:
1. Line 3 to 4 baking trays with silicon sheet.
2. Use a round cookies cutter, press it into some cocoa powder or flour.
3. Use the cookies cutter to make some round imprint on the silicon sheet and set aside.
4. Sift icing sugar and almond together and set aside.
5. Pour sugar and egg white into a heatproof pan and place it over a saucepan of simmering water.
6. Stir constantly until sugar has dissolved and the mixture is warm to the touch (about 55C).
7. Pour the egg white and lemon juice into the mixing bowl with the whisk attachment and beat on medium-high speed until soft peaks then add in the powder colouring.
8. Continue to beat until the egg white has cooled down and it look smooth and shiny. (medium peak but not dry)
9. Fold in the sifted mixture in 4 portions into the meringue. Do not over fold batter until it turn watery, batter should be slightly thicker than cake batter.
10.Spoon batter into a piping bag and pipe it within the round imprint which had made earlier on.
11.Let the macarons to rest for 30mins.
12.Preheat oven to 150C.
13.Bake a tray at a time for 20-25mins, depend on individual oven.
14.Remove macarons and cool on a wire rack.
1. Heat up the whipping cream.
2. Pour it into the white chocolate and stir until it melted and smooth.
3. Stir in the orange paste.
4. Leave it aside to set. (Slightly thicken for piping.)
Assemble the macarons:
1.Pipe the orange ganache on the macaron.
2.Sandwich with another macaron together.
3.Keep in the fridge to let the filling firm.