Monday, January 12, 2009
Crispy Taro Cookies
200g plain flour
50g corn flour
150g mashed yam paste
130g icing sugar
1/4tsp yam paste (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 165C.
2. Sift flour, cornflour, icing sugar and salt together.
3. Rub the shortening into the flour until crumbly.
4. Knead in the yam and yam paste until it form a soft dough. If dough is too wet add in some flour. Don't add too much flour, if not the cookies will be hard.
5. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface and cut with a cookie cutter.
6. Arrange cookies on a greased tray and brush surface with egg yolk.
7. Bake in a preheated oven for 20-25mins until slightly firm.
8. Remove cookies and cool it on a wire rack.
9. Store cookies in an airtight container.
Note: Leave steamed yam to cool before mashing it in a food processor. If not the dough will be too wet to handle.