Wednesday, January 14, 2009
10g icing sugar
1 egg yolk
1/4tsp vanilla essence
140g plain flour
40g milk powder
20g corn flour
300g pineapple filling
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Sift flour and corn flour together and set aside.
3. Cream butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla essence.
5. Fold in the flour and milk powder and mix until form soft dough.
6. Cover and rest dough in the fridge for 15mins.
7. Scale pineapple filling at 7g each and roll into oval ball.
8. Pinch some dough and scale it at 10g each.
9. Flatten the dough, place in the filling and seal the opening.
10.Use a jagged plastic knife and press on the surface of the tart to make a pattern on it.
11.Arrange on a greased tray and glaze surface with egg yolk.
12.Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20mins until slightly brown.
13.Remove and cool on a wire rack.
14.Store in an airtight container.