Monday, January 5, 2009
Oreo Cookies Cupcakes
Adapted recipe from Easy Muffins and Cupcakes by Kevin Chai. I used half of the recipe and made slight changes to the ingredients. It yielded 8 cupcakes.
115g unsalted butter (room temperature)
115g self-rising flour
1/4tsp vanilla essence
60g mini oreo cookies (crushed)
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Line muffin tin with paper casing and set aside.
3. Sift flour into a mixer bowl.
4. Add sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla essence into the flour.
5. Beat the mixture until smooth and pale, about 2-3mins.
6. Fold in the crushed oreo cookies.
7. Spoon batter into the muffin tin until 70% full and place an oreo cookies on it.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30mins.
9. Remove cupcakes from tin and cool on a wire rack.