Sunday, January 11, 2009
Cheesy Seashell Cookies
This is the first time I used Ghee to make cookies. And I am very happy with the result. It has the melt in the mouth sensation and really addictive even my hubby who don't really love cheese also fall in love with it and ask for extra. :)
150g Ghee (1 small tin)
60g icing sugar
1 egg yolk
1/4tsp vanilla essence
195g all purpose flour
1/2tsp baking powder
1tbsp milk powder
40g Parmesan cheese powder
1tsp caster sugar
1. Preheat oven to 170C.
2. Cream ghee and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the egg yolk and vanilla essence until well combined.
4. Sift the flour and baking powder together.
5. Fold in flour, milk powder and cheese powder into Step 3 to form soft dough.
6. Rest the dough in the fridge for 15mins.
7. Weigh the dough about 8g each and shape it into a ball.
8. Dip it into caster sugar and press into mould.
9. Knock out the dough and place it on a greased tray.
10.Bake in a preheated oven for 20-25mins until slightly firm.
10.Cool on a wire rack and keep in an airtight containers.