Friday, January 16, 2009
Recipe adapted from Y3K Cookies by Alan Ooi
130g icing sugar
1tsp pandan paste
260g cake flour
1/4tsp baking powder
40g hoen kwee flour or greenpea flour
20g custard powder
20g coconut powder
some red dried cherries (diced)
1. Preheat oven to 165C.
2. Sift flour and baking powder together and set aside.
3. Cream butter, shortening and icing sugar together until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in the eggs and pandan paste.
5. Fold in all the flour and powder to form a soft dough.
6. Spoon dough into a piping bag fitted with a nozzle.
7. Pipe into small paper cup and press a red dried cherry on top.
8. Arrange it on baking tray and bake in a preheated oven for 15-20mins. The cookies must be well-baked but not brown.
9.Remove and cool on a wire rack.
10.Store in airtight container.