Sunday, November 20, 2011
Orange Chocolate Marble Cupcake
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #13: Enjoy Cupcakes (November 2011), hosted by Min of Min's Blog.
120g unsalted butter
90g caster sugar
140g cake flour
1tsp baking powder
juice of 1 orange (about 60g)
zest of 1 orange
1 1/2tsp cocoa powder
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Line muffin tin with paper casing and set aside.
3. Sift flour and baking powder together, set aside
4. Beat butter, sugar and salt until light and creamy.
5. Slowly add egg and orange zest, beat until well combined.
6. Fold in flour and orange juice alternately until well combined.
7. Scoop 3tbsp of batter into a small bowl and mix in cocoa powder.
8. Pour cocoa batter into orange batter.
9. With a spatula use a cutting stroke to mix the two batter and stir once or twice will do.
10.Spoon batter into paper casing until 3/4 full.
11.Bake in preheated oven for 20-25mins.
12.Remove cupcakes from tin and cool on a wire rack.