Thursday, November 17, 2011
French Style Sponge Cupcake (法试海绵小蛋糕)
Soft and irresistible, I ate half of the cupcake before I took the last shot hehehe... ;p
Recipe source from '孟老师的100道小蛋糕'.
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #13: Enjoy Cupcakes (November 2011), hosted by Min of Min's Blog.
Ingredients (yield 6 cupcakes)
60g egg white
15g caster sugar
40g egg yolk
30g caster sugar
1/2tsp vanilla paste
30g cake flour
20g corn flour
adequate amount of desiccated coconut/grated cheese
1. Preheat oven at 175C.
2. Sift flour and corn flour together, set aside.
3. With a hand whisk, whisk egg yolk, sugar and vanilla paste till sugar melted, set aside.
4. Use a cake mixer, whisk egg whites till frothy.
5. Gradually add in sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
6. Fold in 1/3 of the meringue into the egg yolk batter until combined.
7. Then fold in half portion of the meringue follow by half portion of the sifted flour, repeat process.
8. Pour batter into a piping bag, pipe batter into cupcake cups till 80% full.
9. Sprinkle top with desiccated coconut/grated cheese.
10.Bake in preheated oven for 15-18mins.
11.Remove cakes from oven and cool on wire rack.