Monday, November 14, 2011
Tropical Pineapple Cupcake
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #13: Enjoy Cupcakes (November 2011), hosted by Min of Min's Blog.
125g unsalted butter
75g cake flour
1tsp baking powder
20g desiccated coconut
1/2tsp pineapple essence (optional)
2rings pineapple (canned)
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Line muffin tin with paper casing and set aside.
3. Sift flour and baking powder together, set aside
4. Beat butter, sugar and salt until light and creamy.
5. Add egg slowly and beat until well combined.
6. Fold in flour and desiccated coconut until well combined.
7. Cut pineapple ring into 4 pieces and place 2 pieces into the paper casing.
8. Spoon batter into paper casing until 3/4 full.
9. Arrange pineapple pieces on top of the batter.
10.Bake in preheated oven for 25mins.
11.Remove cupcakes from tin and cool on a wire rack.