Monday, November 28, 2011
Coffee Macadamias Nut Cupcake
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #13: Enjoy Cupcakes (November 2011), hosted by Min of Min's Blog.
20g brown sugar
10g ground almond
125g unsalted butter
90g caster sugar
135g cake flour
1/2tsp baking powder
2tsp instant coffee powder
50g macadamias nut (toasted and chopped)
1. Sift flour in a bowl.
2. Mix sugar and ground almond into flour.
3. Use your fingers to rub butter into the flour mixture until it resemble bread crumb.
4. Cover and chill in the fridge.
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Line muffin tin with paper casing and set aside.
3. Warm up milk and mix in coffee powder and set aside to cool.
4. Sift flour and baking powder together, set aside
5. Beat butter, sugar and salt until light and creamy.
6. Slowly add in egg and beat until well combined.
7. Fold in flour and coffee mixture alternately until well combined.
8. Lastly add in chopped nuts and mix well.
9. Spoon batter into paper casing until 70% full.
10.Sprinkle crumble topping over.
11.Bake in preheated oven for 20-25mins.
12.Remove cupcakes from tin and cool on a wire rack.