Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Layer Curry Puff
140g plain flour
1tsp lemon juice
115g plain flour
350g potato (diced)
120g minced chicken meat
1/2pc onion (diced)
15g curry powder (mixed into paste with 2tsp of water)
1/2tbsp soya sauce
2 hard boiled eggs cut into 6 wedges each.
1. Heat up some oil in a pot, fry Filling until cook and fragrant. (Seasoning according to individual taste.)
2. Dish out and set aside to cool.
1. Sift flour and salt together into a big bowl.
2. Dissolve sugar into water.
2. Mix in the shortening, lemon juice and water into the flour mixture. (Add some water at a time.)
3. Knead to form a soft dough. (If dough is sticky, add some flour.)
4. Cover and rest for 30mins.
1. Sift flour into a big bowl.
2. Knead in the shortening to form a soft dough. (If dough is sticky, add some flour.)
Shaping of dough: (refer to the slide)
1. Dust your work top with some flour.
2. Roll out the water dough, place oil dough in the centre and wrap it up.
3. Flatten the dough and roll it into a rectangle.
4. Fold in two ends by overlapping one another.
5. Give a half turn and roll out the dough into thin sheet.
6. Roll in the dough like swiss roll.
7. Divide roll into twelve pieces with the two edges smaller than the rest.
8. Knead the two uneven edges together and set aside.
9. Flatten each piece, pinch some dough from Step8 and place it at the centre of the dough.
10.Roll out the dough, put the filling in it.
11.Damp the edge, fold in the other end.
12.Seal it by pinching the edge and fold in, press half the folded and fold in again.
13.Fry the puffs in hot oil until golden brown and serve.