Wednesday, December 24, 2014
Moist Chocolate Pudding Cake
Recipe source from 'A Profit-Making Bakery Shop' by Wendy Kor.
This post is linked to Cook and Celebrate (Christmas 2014) organised by Yen from Eat your heart out, Diana from Domestic Goddess Wannabe and Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids.
50g dairy whipping cream
80g cooking chocolate
3 egg yolk (about 56g)
30g cocoa powder
30g corn flour
2 egg white (about 80g)
60g caster sugar
1. Preheat oven to 170C.
2. Double boil whipping cream, chocolate and butter together till dissolved, set aside to cool.
3. Sift flour, cocoa powder and salt together and set aside.
4. Pour chocolate mixture into a big bowl add in egg yolk and whisk till combined.
5. Mix in flour mixture and stir till batter is smooth.
6. Use a cake mixer, whisk egg whites till frothy.
7. Gradually add in sugar and whisk till soft peaks.
8. Fold in 1/4 of the meringue into the chocolate batter till combined.
9. Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in 2 portions till combined.
10.Pour batter into greased moulds till 70% full.
11.Put into preheated oven and bake for 15-20mins.
12.Remove from oven, remove cake form mould and cool on wire rack.