Sunday, December 7, 2014
Pumpkin Chiffon Cupcakes (Rice flour)
I'm joining Best Recipes for Everyone December 2014 Event Theme - My Little Cupcakes by Fion of XuanHom's Mom.
Ingredients (yield 5cupcakes)
38g egg yolk
20g veg. oil
50g mashed pumpkin
50g rice flour (sifted)
80g egg white
35g caster sugar
1. Preheat oven to 155C.
2. Warm milk and oil together, set aside.
3. In a big bowl whisk egg yolk, salt, warm milk mixture and mashed pumpkin together till combined.
4. Add in flour and mix till combined.
5. Use a cake mixer, whisk egg whites till frothy.
6. Gradually add in sugar and whisk till soft peaks form.
7. Fold in 1/4 of the meringue into egg yolk mixture until combined.
8. Then fold in the rest of the meringue in two portions lightly until well combined.
9. Fill piping bag with cake batter.
10.Pipe batter into cupcake cups till 3/4 full, tap cups lightly on table top.
11.Arrange cups on tray and bake in a preheated oven for 25mins.
12.Remove from oven, invert cake and leave it cool.