Sunday, December 21, 2014
Mixed Berries Yogurt Chiffon Cake
3 egg yolk
1tbsp caster sugar
25g veg. oil
80g mixed berries yogurt
70g cake flour (sifted)
3 egg white
1/4tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. With a hand whisk mix egg yolk, salt and sugar together.
3. Add in oil and yogurt, whisk till combined.
4. Add in flour and stir until batter is smooth.
5. Use a cake mixer, whisk egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
6. Gradually add in sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
7. Fold in 1/4 of meringue into egg yolk batter until blended.
8. Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in 3 portions until well combined.
9. Pour batter into a 20cm tube pan.
10.Put into a preheated oven and bake for 35mins.
11.Remove from oven, invert cake pan and let it cool.
12.Remove cake from pan and serve.