Sunday, December 28, 2014
Japanese Dark Pearl Chiffon Cake
Recipe source from Aunty Yochana-Japanese Dark Pearl Cake. Following recipe is half portion.
3 egg yolk
20g caster sugar
40g veg oil
50g chocolate milk
75g cooking chocolate (melted)
12g cocoa powder
40g cake flour
1/4tsp baking soda
3 egg white
55g caster sugar
1/4tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Sift flour, cocoa powder and baking soda together and set aside.
3. Use a hand whisk mix egg yolk, salt and sugar together.
4. Mix in oil and milk, whisk till combined.
5. Mix in flour and melted chocolate, stir till batter is smooth.
6. Use a cake mixer, whisk egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
7. Gradually add in sugar and whisk till stiff peaks.
8. Fold in 1/4 of the meringue into the chocolate batter until combined.
9. Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in 3 portions until well combined.
10.Pour batter into a 20cm tube pan.
11.Put into a preheated oven and bake for 35mins.
12.Remove from oven, invert cake pan onto table top to cool.