Tuesday, June 17, 2014
Gula Melaka Steamed Cupcakes
Ingredients (yield 3 cups)
110g cake flour
1tsp baking powder
1 large egg
50g gula melaka (finely chopped)
1tbsp veg. oil
1. Grease three cups and set it aside.
2. Boil water in steamer and preheat greased cups.
3. Sift flour and baking powder together and set it aside.
4. With a hand whisk, whisk egg and gula melaka together till gula melaka dissolved and batter slightly thicken.
5. Mix milk into egg batter.
6. Mix flour into batter till smooth but do not over mix.
7. Lastly mix in oil till smooth.
8. Carefully remove preheated cups from steamer.
9. Pour batter into cups till 70% full.
10.Place it into steamer and steam for 15mins.
11.Carefully remove cups from steamer, remove cakes from cups and cool it on wire rack.