Tuesday, June 3, 2014
Maple Syrup Hot Cross Cake
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (June 2014 Event: Butter) organised by Zoe (Bake for Happy Kids) and Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY) and hosted by Jozelyn Ng (Spice Up My Kitchen).
3 egg yolk
20g butter (melted)
40g maple syrup
60g cake flour
2 egg white
1. Preheat oven to 170C.
2. With a hand whisk mix maple syrup, milk and melted butter together in a big bowl.
3. Sift flour and mix into liquid mixture till combined.
4. Add in egg yolk and mix till combined.
5. In a clean bowl whisk egg whites till frothy.
6. Gradually add in sugar and whisk till medium peaks form.
7. Fold in 1/3 of the meringue into egg yolk batter until combined.
8. Pour the cake batter into meringue and fold till blended.
9. Pour batter into a 6inches loose base round pan, lined base with grease proof paper.
10.Put into preheated oven and bake for 15mins till a layer of crust form on the surface or surface is slightly browned.
11.Remove cake pan from oven and with a sharp knife cut a cross on cake surface.
12.Return pan into oven and lower the temperature to 160C.
13.Bake for another 15mins till cook though.
14.Remove cake pan from oven, invert pan and leave it to cool.