Sunday, June 8, 2014
Chocolate Orange Madeleines
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (June 2014 Event: Butter) organised by Zoe (Bake for Happy Kids) and Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY) and hosted by Jozelyn Ng (Spice Up My Kitchen).
50g caster sugar
60g butter (melted)
80g cake flour
1/4tsp baking powder
1tsp grated orange rind
1tbsp orange juice
1tsp cocoa powder
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Grease and lightly flour madeleine mold, knock off excess flour and set it aside.
3. Sift cake flour, salt and baking powder together, set aside.
4. With a cake mixer, whisk eggs and sugar till light and fluffy.
5. Mix grated orange rind into flour and fold it into egg batter till well blended.
6. Mix warm melted butter and orange juice together.
7. Pour it into cake batter and mix till well blended.
8. Pour 1/3 of cake batter into a small bowl and mix in sifted cocoa powder.
9. Scoop 1tsp of chocolate batter and fill it into one corner of cavity of madeleine mould.
10.Follow by 1tbsp of orange batter, fill one cavity at a time till all are fill up.
11.Bake in preheated oven for 12-14mins till golden brown.
12.Immediately use a toothpick remove madeleines from mold and cool on a wire rack.