Sunday, December 15, 2013
Nutella Chocolate Chips Cookies
Recipe source from Dailydelicious - Nutella Chocolate Chips Cookies.
Following is the recipe with some adjustment. My cookies appeared very dark as I don't have malted milk powder so I replaced it with Milo which give it a stronger chocolate favour. A very addictive cookies, I must give a thumbs up for this recipe. Even my hubby gave the same compliment. :)
170g plain flour
30g malted milk powder (Horlicks/Ovaltine)
1/2tsp baking soda
115g unsalted butter
40g granulated sugar
60g dark brown sugar (adjust sugar amount to your own perfer)
180g Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread
1/2tsp vanilla paste
130g chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 165C. (Adjust temperature according to your home oven.)
2. Mix flour, baking soda and malted milk powder together in a bowl and set it aside.
3. Beat butter until soft, add in salt and both kinds of sugar and beat till light in colour.
4. Add in Nutella and beat till blended.
5. Next, add in vanilla paste and egg and beat till blended.
6. Lastly, fold in flour mixture and chocolate chips till blended.
7. Use two small spoons, scoop cookies dough and place them on a greased tray with 3 inches apart as the cookie will spread while baking.
8. Bake in a preheated oven for 12-14mins or until puff and no longer shine.
10.Remove from the oven, let cookies cool on baking tray for 5 minutes or until firm enough to be moved, the cookie will flatten while cooling.
11.Let cookies cool completely on a wire rack, and keep in an airtight containers.