Friday, December 20, 2013
Chocolate Hot Cross Cake
I don't have a 6inches loose base round pan so I just used a chiffon cake pan. I removed it tube, place a smaller tart tin base into the chiffon cake pan and lined the base with foil. However the cake pan is kind of big for this recipe.
Ingredients (This time my eggs are bigger.)
3 egg yolk (55g)
25g veg. oil
50g chocolate milk
55g cake flour
1tbsp cocoa powder
2 egg white (110g)
1. Preheat oven to 170C.
2. With a hand whisk mix chocolate milk and oil together in a big bowl.
3. Sift flour and cocoa powder together and mix into milk mixture till combined.
4. Add in egg yolk and mix till combined.
5. In a clean bowl whisk egg whites till frothy.
6. Gradually add in sugar and whisk till medium peaks form.
7. Fold in 1/3 of the meringue into egg yolk batter until combined.
8. Pour the cake batter into meringue and fold till blended.
9. Pour batter into a 6inches loose base round pan.
10.Put into preheated oven and bake for 12mins till a layer of crust form on it surface or surface is slightly browned.
11.Remove cake pan from oven and with a sharp knife cut a cross on cake surface.
12.Return pan into oven and lower the temperature to 165C.
13.Bake for another 12-15mins till cook though.
14.Remove cake pan from oven, invert pan onto another loose base cake pan and cool it on wire rack.