Saturday, December 14, 2013
Cinnamon Bread Slices
30g warm water
5g instant yeast
1/2tsp caster sugar
250g bread flour
35g caster sugar
1/4tsp vanilla paste
1/2 egg (about 35g)
30g unsalted butter (melted)
30g unsalted butter (soften)
30g brown sugar
20g caster sugar
2tsp ground cinnamon
1. Mix warm water, yeast and caster sugar together, cover and set aside to prove for 10-15mins.
2. Pour sugar, egg, milk, vanilla paste, melted butter and yeast mixture into mixer bowl.
3. Whisk at low speed till well blended.
4. Add in bread flour and salt and mix well at low speed.
5. Switch to medium speed and knead till it form a smooth and elastic dough.
6. Cover dough and let it proof for 50mins.
7. Hand knead dough for 1min on a lightly floured table top.
8. Cover dough and rest for another 10mins.
9. Mix brown sugar, caster sugar and ground cinnamon together and set aside.
10.Roll out dough into rectangular shape and spread butter on it.
11.Scatter cinnamon sugar all over it.
12.With a pizza cutter cut vertically into 5 long strips, stack up dough and cut into 6 equal square slices.
13.Arrange it in 2 greased 8cm x 17cm loaf pan.
14.Cover and leave it to proof for 45mins until it doubled in size.
15.Preheat oven to 180C.
16.Brush surface with egg wash and bake in a preheated oven for 14mins until brown.
17.Remove buns from pan, place it on a wire rack to cool.