Monday, December 23, 2013
Chocolate Nutella Macarons
I'm submitting this post to 'Baby Sumo's Christmas Recipes Collection 2013' hosted by Baby Sumo of Eat Your Heart Out.
45g egg white (at room temperature)
35g caster sugar
50g ground almond
90g icing sugar
2tsp cocoa powder
1. Line 2 baking trays with silicon sheet.
2. Use a round cookies cutter, press it into some cocoa powder or flour.
3. Use the cookies cutter to make some round imprint on silicon sheet and set aside.
4. Sift icing sugar, ground almond and cocoa powder together and set aside.
5. Use a cake mixer, whisk egg whites till frothy.
6. Gradually add in sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form but not dry.
7. Gently fold in sifted mixture in 3 portions into meringue, do not over fold. (Batter should be slightly thicker then cake batter.)
8. Spoon batter into a piping bag and pipe it within the round imprint which you had made earlier.
9. Let macarons to rest for 30-45mins.
10.Preheat oven to 130C.
11.Bake a tray at a time for 20mins, depend on individual oven.
12.Remove macarons and cool on a wire rack.
13.Pipe nutella on a marcaron shell and sandwich it with another macaron.
14.Store in fridge to let filling firm.