Monday, January 30, 2012
Pineapple Upside Down Chiffon Cake
3 egg yolk
20g caster sugar
3tbsp veg. oil
100g pineapple puree (blended about 110g pineapple-canned)
1/2tsp pineapple essence
75g cake flour
3 egg white
55g caster sugar
1/4tsp cream of tartar
3pcs pineapple ring (canned)
1. Slice pineapple ring horizontally into 2pcs and pad dry.
2. Arrange it at the base of tube pan.
3. Preheat oven to 175C.
4. Sift flour and set aside.
5. With a hand whisk, whisk egg yolk, salt and sugar together.
6. Add oil, pineapple puree, essence and flour into the egg yolk batter.
7. Whisk until well combined.
8. Use a cake mixer, whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
9. Gradually add in sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
10.Fold in 1/4 of the meringue into the egg yolk mixture until combined.
11.Then fold in the rest of the meringue in two portions lightly until well combined.
12.Pour batter into a 20cm tube pan, smooth the surface.
13.Place pan into a preheated oven and bake for 35-40mins.
14.Remove from oven, invert cake onto table top and leave it cool.
13.Remove cake from pan and serve.