Sunday, January 1, 2012
I have a carton of 'Elle & Vire' whipping cream in my fridge for nearly 2 months. I understand that once I open it I have to use it within a week so I have to search for recipes to put this fine quality whipping cream into good used.
I had been searching from internet for ice-cream recipe which uses whole egg instead of egg yolks.Here is the site which has a wide variety of ice-cream recipes. First I put this caramel ice-cream to a try, it fantastic. The ice-cream is very creamy and rich. Most of all is that my 3 gentlemen love it very much. :)
Ingredients (half portion)
1cup heavy whipping cream
1. In a large saucepan melt sugar over medium heat, stir constantly.
2. Once sugar melted and turn into golden brown liquid, remove from stove.
3. Carefully and slowly, pour milk into saucepan with caramelized sugar. (Be careful - the mixture will splatter and the sugar will turn hard. Don't worry!)
4. Return saucepan to stove with low heat, stir mixture until caramelized sugar melted and it turn smooth.
5. Pour in whipping cream and stir until mixture is smooth and blended.
6. Remove from stove.
7. With an electric hand whisk, whisk eggs until light and fluffy.
8. Pour some of the warm mixture over the egg batter and mix well.
9. Pour egg mixture back into saucepan and continue to cook over low heat until mixture thickens and begins to stick to the back of the spoon.
10.Remove saucepan from stove and allow mixture to cool.
11.Once cool, chill mixture in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
12.Pour chill mixture into ice cream maker.
13.Churn about 25-30 minutes or according to manufacturer's instructions.
14.Scoop ice-cream into container, cover and put it in the freezer to chill till set.