Wednesday, January 4, 2012
Dark Chocolate Ice-Cream
My little boy showing off his first double scoops ice-cream. ;p
40g semi-sweet chocolate (chopped)
2tbsp dark cocoa powder
1/2cup heavy whipping cream
1/2tsp vanilla paste
1. In a large saucepan boil sugar and milk over medium heat, stir constantly.
2. Once milk begin to boil, lower heat.
3. Add in chopped chocolate and cocoa powder.
4. Stir until chocolate melted and mixture is smooth.
5. Pour in whipping cream and stir until mixture is smooth and blended.
6. Remove from stove.
7. With an electric hand whisk, whisk eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
8. Pour some of the warm mixture over the egg batter and mix well.
9. Pour egg mixture back into saucepan and continue to cook over low heat until mixture thickens and begins to stick to the back of the spoon.
10.Remove saucepan from stove and allow mixture to cool.
11.Once cool, chill mixture in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
12.Pour chill mixture into ice cream maker.
13.Churn about 25-30 minutes or according to manufacturer's instructions.
14.Scoop ice-cream into container, cover and put it in the freezer to chill till set.