Friday, August 26, 2011
Yogurt Fruity Tart
I am submitting this to Aspiring Bakers #10: Easy as Pie (August 2011), hosted by Janine of Not the Kitchen Sink!
140g butter (cut into cubes and chill)
70g icing sugar
1/2tsp vanilla paste
250g plain flour
35g ground almond
45g icing sugar
200g plain yogurt
75g ground almond
1. Use a food processor, blend flour and butter till it resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Add in icing sugar, salt and ground almond and blend till well combined.
3. Add in beaten egg and vanilla paste and blend till it form soft dough.
4. Wrap the dough up and let it rest in the fridge for 30mins.
5. Press some dough into tart mould.
6. With a knife, trim away excess dough at the edges.
7. Arrange it in a container, cover and let it rest in the fridge for another 30mins.
(You can prepare the pastry a day ahead.)
1. Cream butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in egg and yoghurt until well combined.
3. Fold in ground almond until well combined.
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Remove tarts from fridge and thaw for 10mins.
3. Spoon filling into tarts about half filled.
4. Bake in a preheated oven for 20-25mins.
5. Remove tarts from oven and cool them on a wire rack.
6. Decorate with any fruits of your choice.