Monday, August 22, 2011
Orange Angel Roll
65g orange juice
40g veg. oil
75g cake flour
160g egg white
70g caster sugar
1/4tsp cream of tartar
adequate orange peel
adequate butter cream
1/2tsp orange paste/emulco
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. In a lined and greased 9" x 12" tray scatter the orange peel around, set aside.
3. With a hand whisk, mix orange juice, oil, salt and sifted flour together till a smooth batter.
4. Use a cake mixer, whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
5. Gradually add in sugar and whisk till soft peaks form.
6. Fold in 1/4 of the meringue into the flour mixture until combined.
7. Then fold in the rest of the meringue in two portions lightly until well combined.
8. Pour batter into prepared tray and smooth surface.
9. Place tray into preheated oven and bake for 20mins.
10.Remove cake from tray and cool it on a wire rack with the skin facing down.
Assemble the cake:
1. Mix orange paste and butter cream together.
2. Carefully transfer cake onto a greaseproof paper with the skin facing up.
3. Spread orange butter cream evenly on sponge.
4. Gently roll the cake by using the paper to lift the cake and guide roll.
5. Rest the roll in the fridge to stabilize it shape.
6. Remove, slice and serve.