Monday, August 15, 2011
40g warm water
1tsp instant yeast
1/2tsp caster sugar
1tsp bread flour
250g bread flour
40g caster sugar
1. Mix warm water, yeast, 1tsp bread flour and 1tsp caster sugar together, cover and set aside to prove for 10-15mins.
2. Combine bread flour, sugar and salt in a mixer and mix well at low speed.
3. Add yeast dough from step no.1, milk and egg into the dry ingredients(step no.2).
4. Knead at medium speed until it form a dough.
5. Add in butter, continue to beat until it form a smooth and elastic dough.
6. Cover dough and let it prove for 50mins.
7. Knock down proved dough, hand knead on a lightly floured surface for a while.
8. Divide dough into 10 equal portions about 46g each, shape each dough into round ball and rest for another 10mins.
9. Shape each ball into cone shape.
10.Use a rolling pin, flatten the cone shaped dough and roll it out.
11.With the wider side of the flatten dough facing you, roll it up.
12.Arrange it on a greased tray.
13.Cover and leave it to prove for 45mins until it doubled in size.
14.Preheat oven to 190C.
15.Brush surface with egg wash.
16.Bake in a preheated oven for 10mins until buns is brown.
17.Remove bread from tray and cool it on a wire rack.