Sunday, December 20, 2015
X'mas Honey Cookies
This post is linked at Cook and Celebrate: Christmas 2015 hosted by Yen from GoodyFoodies, Diana from The Domestic Goddess Wannabe and Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids.
110g unsalted butter
45g icing sugar
60g self-rising flour
120g plain flour
1tbsp corn flour
1. Preheat oven at 160C.
2. Cream butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add honey and beat until well combined.
4. Sift all the flours and salt together.
5. Fold in flour mixture into Step 3 to form a soft dough.
6. Wrap up dough and rest in the fridge for 15mins.
7. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface.
8. Dust cookie cutter with some flour and cut out cookies dough.
9. Place cookies dough on a greased tray.
10.Place stencil on cookies dough.
11.With a clean small paint brush, dip into cocoa powder and brush it on the stencil lightly and slowly.
12.Once complete, bake cookies dough in a preheated oven for 12-15mins until slightly firm. (Adjust oven temperature accordingly. Honey was used so cookies will be in darker brown.)
13.Cool on wire rack and store in an airtight containers.