Friday, December 18, 2015
Strawberry Yogurt Cake
This post is linked at Cook and Celebrate: Christmas 2015 hosted by Yen from GoodyFoodies, Diana from The Domestic Goddess Wannabe and Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids.
125g strawberry yogurt
3tbsp veg. oil
40g cake flour
10g corn flour
3 egg yolk
3 egg white
55g caster sugar
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Line base of a 6 inches round loose base pan with grease proof paper.
3. Wrap tin base and surrounding with foil, set aside.
4. In a big mixing bowl, mix yogurt and oil together.
5. Sift in cake flour and corn flour together and mix till smooth.
6. Add in egg yolk and mix till smooth batter.
7. In a clean mixing bowl whisk egg whites till frothy.
8. Gradually add in sugar and whisk till soft peaks form.
9. Fold in 1/3 of the meringue into egg batter till combined.
10.Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in two portions until well combined.
11.Pour cake batter into prepared pan, smooth surface and tap pan on tabletop to burst air bubbles.
12.Steam-bake cake in a preheated oven for 15mins, reduce temperature to 130C and bake for another 25mins. (Adjust oven temperature according to your house oven heating power.)
15.Remove cake tin from oven, loosen side and remove cake from tin.
16.Leave it to cool on a wire rack.