Monday, December 28, 2015
Orange Cotton Cake
40g veg. oil
65g cake flour (sift)
4 egg yolk
50g orange juice
zest of 1 orange
4 egg white
58g caster sugar
1/4tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Line base of a 7 inches round loose base tin with grease proof paper.
3. Double wrap tin base and surrounding with foil, set aside.
4. Pour oil in a bowl and heat it up in microwave for 1mins and 30sec.
5. Add cake flour into hot oil and stir till mixture is smooth.
6. Transfer cooked dough into a bigger bowl and stir in orange juice and zest, mix till mixture is smooth.
7. Add in egg yolk and egg one at a time and mix till smooth batter.
8. In a clean mixing bowl whisk egg whites till frothy.
9. Gradually add in sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
10.Fold in 1/3 of the meringue into egg batter and mix till combined.
11.Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in two portions until well combined.
12.Pour cake batter into prepared pan, smooth surface and tap pan on tabletop to burst air bubbles.
13.Steam-bake cake in a preheated oven for 15mins, reduce temperature to 130C and bake for another 30mins. (Adjust oven temperature according to your house oven heating power.)
14.Remove cake tin from oven, leave cake cool in tin for 15mins.
15.Loosen side and remove cake from tin, leave it to cool on a wire rack.