Sunday, November 29, 2015

Pineapple Filling for Tarts (Using Bread Maker)


This is what I had made during the weekend, pineapple filling with the help of my long...forgotten bread maker. I had read from some blogs that bread maker was useful in cooking delicious jams and I also came across a blog which used bread maker to cook pineapple jam for pineapple tart too. So during this holiday I must give it a try. I was hoping bread maker can ease the cooking process.

After this testing, bread maker do help the initial cooking process of reducing the liquid but it take a longer...time. I had to cook the pineapple puree 3 times using the 'Jam' mode (total about 3 hours++) in order to reduce the liquid and lastly cooked it on stove over low fire for another 1/2hour or so. I don't mind the long cooking time as I don't have to watch over the fire.

Recipe

Ingredients
2 pineapple (without skin around 1.5kg to 1.6kg)
190g sugar (adjust according to the sweetness which you preferred)

Steps:
1. Cut off pineapple core and cut it into chunks.
2. Put them into food processor and process it into puree. (I used the purse button as I prefer to have some fiber in the jam.)
3. Pour puree and sugar into bread maker container.
4. Press menu, choose 'Jam' mode and press 'start'. (1 cycle is 1hr and 5mins)
5. After the first cooking cycle, stir and restart for 2nd cycle.
6. 2nd cycle completed, stir and restart for 3rd cycle again. (You may skip 3rd cycle if you think the liquid is reduced and you can finished it up on stove.)
7. After the 3rd cycle, pour the pineapple puree into a wok.
8. Cook over low fire stirring till it caramelize and thicken. (slightly dry)
8. Dish out and set aside to cool.
9. Transfer jam into an air tight container and store in fridge.

No comments: